Re: [AMC-list] harmonic balancer

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 04:28:15 +0000 (UTC)
From:mccanada@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys I built a 1970 AMC 360 for my sons Spirit. He wanted to use a 998 automatic so I pulled a? crankshaft from a 1977 304 and put it in the 360. Question which harmonic should I use?

Use the 360 balancer. I don't recall for sure if there is a difference. If there is the balancer should match the rotating mass, which is greater in the 360 than the 304. I know the cranks are the same.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine