Re: [AMC-list] Fw: interchange spirit to rambler rear end posi

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: interchange spirit to rambler rear end posi

" From: Diana Potter    jandd_2006@xxxxxxxxx
"
"
" Eddie can you tell me if a modle 15 rear end out of a 78 Spirit is
" the same as the rear end in a 69 Rambler modle 15? All I really want
" to know is if the posi out of the 78 will fit in my 69. Thanks Jim

the posi should fit fine.  the r&p may or may not - i've heard
different things about pinion-housing compatibility.  i -think-
they're okay and the problem is more going between open and closed
driveshafts.

with that possible exception, diffs and r&p for the jeep dana 35 also
fit, as it's based on the amc15.  and there are a variety of posis for
the d35.

just to be thorough - the entire spirit axle won't fit; it's several
inches wider than the rambler's.