[AMC-list] 86 Eagle 24k mile survivor for sale

[AMC-list] 86 Eagle 24k mile survivor for sale

Guys, and gals I am getting ready to sell my 24k original mile survivor Eagle
wagon and thought I would let some of the AMC forums know first before it goes
up to the public.  This is truly one of the nicest Eagles you are going to
find.  I have driven this on the highway at speeds of 80+ mph for over a 400
mile trip and it drove and handled as nice better than most new cars I have been

in lately. I would actually love to keep this one but I just have way too many
cars and a few have to go.  Here is the story behind the car.  A post man
in southern IL bought the car new and owned it up until this past year.  A
family member owned the AMC

dealership where he bought his cars from and would routinely buy one, drive it
for 20k miles and then buy a new one and park this at their store.  He would
drive it every now and then but not as a daily driver anymore once they reached
20k.  The car has never been in an accident and still have the original garnet
red metallic paint.  It is a 4 dr wagon with air conditioning that is converted
to 134a from R12, power locks, cruise, tilt, auto, am/fm digital cass, digital
clock, roof rack, rear defrost, light group, skid plates.

The car is beautiful in every way.  I went through everything as it is still a
26 year old car even though the miles are low there are still maintenance items
that just go over time.

I will start with the mechanical.  First  It has new shocks and brakes front and

rear.  It also has a complete spring and adjuster kit on the rear drums (fronts
are disc). All fluids front to back, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor and air
cleaner

have been changed.  Tires are brand new this week with General Avia 80k mile all
season radials which were the top rated in this size.  We checked the 4 wheel
drive system, CV joints and boots.  Both are in great shape and the 4 wheel
drive goes in smooth and

works perfectly.  The AC blows ice cold, and all electrical items and gages work

properly.  The engine is one of the quietest 258 I have ever owned.  It starts
right up, no smoke or leaks, runs great and has plenty of power.  The trans
shifts smooth and positively.  Mechanically, you are set for the next 50k miles
if this call will ever see that.  The gas mileage is great as well.  I am so

surprised these things can get 20 mpg in the city and mid to upper 20s on the
hwy (it is rated at 20/28).

Now the cosmetics.  The paint is beautiful and all original except the lower
plastic ground effects around the wheel wells and to the bumper ends.  There
were a couple a spots where the paint was a little thin like with most of these
due to them being plastic so we painted them with the exact color match.  These
were very minor and most would have just left it alone but I wanted it perfect.
I can show the before pictures.  There is no rust repairs anywhere and the
floors and rockers are what you would expect from a low mileage car like this.
The garnet red metallic paints shows very well and the color looks great in the
sun.  We buffed and waxed the entire car and it is hard to believe this is
single stage enamel as the metallic shines as well as the 2 stage paints do
today. Bumpers are in good shape with no dings or scrapes.  Head light
adjusters and buckets are in great shape as are the taillights.  The interior is
in great shape and is the burgundy hounds tooth pattern.  The only problem I see
is the drivers side seat belt was replaced at some point with a

blue one.  I don't know why and I am looking for the correct color belt to
replace it.  The rear seat has a very small snag in the material that can be
repaired.  The headliner was starting to sag so it is going to my upholstery guy
on Monday

to be replaced.  The factory radio was starting to cut in and out and the
speaker

crackled so I replace them with an AM/FM CD head unit that fit the stock opening

so no cutting as well as the speakers.  I ordered all of the factory harnesses
so it was plug and play with no splicing into the wires.  The factory radio
comes with the car in case you want to have it fixed and put back in.  Other
than that, the dash, door panels, gages, windows, arm rest are all in great
shape.  I am only pointing out these things to be as detailed as possible about
this car.

I would not hesitate to give this car to my daughter to drive next year or take
it across the country on a trip today.  If you are looking for one to keep as a
survivor to drive to shows or make it a driver, this is probably the best one
you are going to find to do that.   You will not be disappointed.  This is not
one of the so/so eagles you see out there.  This is every bit as close to new as

possible.  Everyone is amazed at the shape this is in and roll down their window
to talk to me at stop lights when ever I have it out.

Give me a call or e-mail if you are interested.  I will post some photos on
Photobucket soon.

Thanks,

Nick

 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends