Re: [AMC-list] AMC engines in Bricklin, International Harvester aka I bo

Re: [AMC-list] AMC engines in Bricklin, International Harvester aka I bought a Bricklin

IH only bought 401s and 232/258s from AMC.

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <baadassGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC engines in Bricklin, International
 Harvester aka I bought a Bricklin

Actually there is "more to the story" on the Bricklin/Abernethey clash. The real reason why Bricks switched was AMC could not
guarantee a steady supply of engines. Why? The company that was pressing the 360s (Holmes Foundry of Sarnia, Ontario, Canada eh)
could not keep up with demand as AMC was selling itself thin in 1973/74 and selling their 360s to not only Bricklin but
International Harvester also. It's also why mid year you started seeing oddities like 74 AMXs with 304 2 barrels. A LOT of them thru
end of production unless someone ordered a 360 or 401 AMC. There were 58819 AMC vehicles made in calender year 1973 with a AMC 360V8
and 42140 AMCs produced in 1974 with a 360V8 for you AMC engine bean counters.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com