Re: [AMC-list] Holley 4412 2bbl carb on 290

Re: [AMC-list] Holley 4412 2bbl carb on 290

" From: eddie allison <hot_rod_eddie@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Andrew,
" Do you have a picture of this "return" line location.
" Here is what I found on the 4412.
" http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R7950-7rev3.pdf
" Good luck,
" Eddie

that would be john, not me --

" From: John Eckersley <john.eckersley@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" > Hey Andrew - thanks for responding
" >
" > "carbs don't have return lines.  it  might be an alternate fuel inlet
" > location."
" >
" > That's what I thought - but there's a label that looks like it was put
" there by Holley right next to it that says "Fuel Return"
"
" I did manage to turn up on Googling that some Fords apparently even in the
" late 60s had them (fuel return) even though they used carbs - apparently to
" help with fuel evaporation emission regs (though I don't really see how).
"
"
" > i'd say so - or a plug.
" >
" > I can't plug it cos it's a smooth brass pipe meant to accept a rubber fuel
" line - unless I am missing something - I don't think it's threaded so I
" can't put a bolt/setscrew/grubscrew/whatever in there.
"
" I'm not trying to argue - but I really think it's supposed to be a return -
" thanks for your help.