[AMC-list] wrench turning

a couple things I think have reduced car mods; black-box everything, and
losing industrial arts programs in high schools. When a car was mostly
mechanics and simple electronics, the home toolbox didn't need to look
like Mr. Wizard's lab. My first engine rebuild(after lawnmower engines)
was a VW bus('66)and took basic tools to do. Now, no way. The drive away
from hands-on getting dirty in schools also cuts down on new blood. Well,
all things pass, and being a basic motorhead has become archaic to most.