[AMC-list] Fw: help wanted: 64 American only has Compression in #1 Cylin

[AMC-list] Fw: help wanted: 64 American only has Compression in #1 Cylinder

I spoke with Gary earlier today who is having issues with his flathead 195.6 64 American Rambler engine. Anyone willing to comment it would be appreciated, and thanks in advance to all who might reply, please copy your reply also to Gary below.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: <grparen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Eddie:
I appreciate you posting this question to the AMC List.  Thanks, Gary

Just bought a '64 American with the 195.6 L Head engine. Been sitting for about 10 years. I cranked engine and it sounded like no compression. I did a compression check and only have 110 pounds in cylinder #1. I have zero compression in all of the other cylinders except for maybe 5 pounds in #6. I retorqued the head bolts and still the same. Timing chain does not seem to be broken as rotor points to #1 cylinder at TDC and is close to the timing mark. Any ideas what's going on with this engine?