Re: [AMC-list] brake proportioning valve

Re: [AMC-list] brake proportioning valve

You can do some alteration in rear brake action by changing wheel cylinders. Finding one that is larger in diameter slows application due to taking a larger volume to move a stated distance. Smaller cylinders apply faster. The catches are 1. Finding a cylinder that fits 2. Realizing the size swap may also make the pedal lighter or harder to work. The application force is usually not a big change. One reason to swap rears is when you have say a 1+" bore rear cylinder and can not get rear lock up. Swapping down to 1" or 7/8" Should get you a rear lockup and then you can tune from there, either by finding the cylinders gives you the action Frank explains or allowing you to then use the adjustable valve in the rear line to reduce their action. Mark, (wrambler) ----- Original Message -----