To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] brake proportioning valve

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" One item of this information that is curious to me is the wet parking lot
" braking thing,
"
" When I was racing Formula Fords we always turned in more rear brake bias for " wet conditions, The cars braked straighter in the wet with more rear bias
" and tended not to swap front end for back end so quickly.
"
" makes me wonder if that is true for fendered and roofed cars.....heavier you
" know...

f/r weight balance matters too.  road cars are almost universally
front-heavy, for stability reasons [ask a darts player].  race cars
are much closer to 50/50 and maybe even a little rearward for
traction.  this can make the cars difficult in certain conditions -
ask a porsche 911 driver - and assumes a skilled and focused pilot.

rear lockup can make the back end want to pass the front.  most
drivers find this upsetting.

but then, -most- drivers would be happier with a star-trek-style
matter transporter.