Re: [AMC-list] base 71 javelin ebay

Might be $1000 in CA where there are plenty rust-free examples, but should bring twice that (maybe even $2500) on the east coast, even in the central US (car is in Missouri). It's all location sometimes! I still think it's going a bit on the high side, but good rust-free older cars are getting harder and harder to find. Us old guys just don't realize how hard it is sometimes, and won't pay the prices because we know they at least used to be much less. Javelins are one of the few popular AMCs, it's not like my 63 Rambler Classic.

----------------
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 13:41:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-AMC-JAVELIN-304-/150808560651?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item231ce4040b#v4-42

That's about a $1000 car in California.? And it is missing the center reverse light.? The lens for that light is perhaps the most rare part for a 1971 Javelin.? It would almost be worth converting it to 73/74 tail lights to keep from having to find the 1971 lens in perfect condition.??

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine