[AMC-list] Scarebird disc brake conversion

[AMC-list] Scarebird disc brake conversion

Hello everybody.
 Has anybody ever used the Scarebird disc brake conversion kit?

 I bought it and have everything I need. I have emailed Scarebird this question, but past emails with them are somewhat helpful but rather short and blunt.

 Here is step 5 & 6.

5.	Clean and repack wheel bearings.  Install new seal.  Assemble machined hub onto spindle, tighten outer nut to spec, then secure with keeper, new cotter pin and dustcap.  Install center ring on hub.
6.	Place rotor onto hub, and run two or three lugnuts down finger tight to retain rotor. Wipe down rotor with alcohol, lacquer thinner or other cleaner. Wash hands! Rotor must be squeaky clean.

My question is, "What is the "Center Ring"?

I thought maybe it would be a hub centric ring as I"ve read about them, but if it is, why would the rotor go on over the ring instead of the wheel itself? Also, the ring doesn't fit snug around the hub?

Anybody know about this?