Re: [AMC-list] AMC-20 gears

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" No 2.56s?

oughta be 2.73s and 3.07s too.

at some point civ hummers changed, but mil hummers have always had
amc20 diffs with 2.56s and 2.73s on torsen diffs.  more recently
there's been a 12000lb 'heavy hummer' with 3.07s.  i've been wondering
if these are regular gears, in which case we'd have a 3-series torsen
for all our gears [if we can just get our hands on them!], or if it's
a special thick-ring set for the 2-series carrier they're already
using...

ps. nit - 3.33?  should be 3.31, right?

" Quoting Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
"
" > Yep, the gears I sell same issue.  I haven't been able to find 3.91s in a
" > while.  Mostly my supplier says they just weren't popular enough for it to
" > be worthwhile.  I can get 2.87 3.15, 3.33, 3.54, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56 and a few
" > others.  You won't see a huge diff on either side up or down in the 3.73
" > or 4.10 from the 3.91 depending on your set up.