[AMC-list] carter bbd guru needed...or anybody who can help.

[AMC-list] carter bbd guru needed...or anybody who can help.

Ok, I have put a 2bbl carter bbd carb and intake on my 1964 Rambler with 232 engine. It won't start. I could spray in carb cleaner and it would hit and crank and run for a bit, so it seemed to me the carb was not right so I rebuilt it. It was pretty easy to rebuild, except for the pump and step piston adjustment. I am not certain I adjusted correctly. (Specifically, the bowl vent. I can pump the accelerator and see fuel squirting out into the carb and into the intake and sometimes SOMETIMES it will start, but will not run for more than 15 seconds when it does.
 I thought i could be the fuel pump not pumping enough fuel or the gas may be bad, so I ran an electric pump and pumped gas out of a jug, instead of the tank, but still wouldn't start. I'm wondering if I got adjustments wrong? I HATE EVERY SINGLE  instruction sheet I find. I can't see them very clearly and and I would st with. I do much vetter with step vy stp

Any help would be helpful.

THanks,

Online Social Network and Reputation Management for Automotive Dealerships
http://www.repgard.com