Re: [AMC-list] Fw: 1975 Gremlin Manual Transmission with Electric Overdr

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: 1975 Gremlin Manual Transmission with Electric Overdrive interchange to 199cid question

" From: grparen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"
"
"
" Will a 1975 Gremlin manual 3 speed tyranny with electric overdrive
" that came off a 258 ci mate up with a 1966 American 199 ci that had a
" manual tyranny with no overdrive?

likely not.  this is probably a tremec [=ford] t150 toploader, with
the wide rectangular ford bellhousing pattern, and a
laycock-denormanville o/d.  the main case is about 10" long iirc, and
the top cover isn't rectangular, with divots in the front corners.
bellhousings for this on the early six don't exist.

the warner t14 it replaced would fit, but it was only offered with o/d
[warner r10] in '68-9 and they're rare.  it has a 6-bolt rectangular
top cover and the main case is a smidge over 8" long.

i had a non-o/d t14 in my '68 american, and that synchro 1st made
stop-and-go traffic a lot more pleasant than the old t96.