[AMC-list] is the list dieing??

I have been a list member from the very beginning back in the early to mid 90s
when Jim had it.  I recall days when there could be 15-20 digests full of posts
in one  day.  It seems that over the past few years, membership has declined
sharply and at times, the discussion is less technical and more banter back and
fourth.  I am not sure who is still on the list but I only see about 10 or so
unique users ever post lately.

I know a lot of people that contact me about products and projects they are
working on, say they use one of the two AMC forums.  Even that format doesn't
always seem the most intuitive but the response is more like what the list use
to be.  If you mention a topic there, you may get feedback from numerous people
where is here you might get one or two.

I know from my business perspective, I don't get much feedback if any on new
products from the list here.  I stay on the list in case I can help someone with
a problem they are having or just to hang on in case things turn around some
day.  I guess I am a systems hoarder in that aspect as I have trouble giving up
my original list/discussion group.  Like a pair a bell bottom jeans, I stay
hopeful it will come back in style some day.

That all being said, is there some format or discussion forum users would like
to see over what is available today.  I am going to work heavily on our website
this summer and having a hobby/customer section, is something I thought would be
nice.  A place people can post their projects, ask questions or just talk about
a show they were at.  I would like to have a DIY section where people can post
info on how to do something others struggle with.

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends

Message: 4