Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:51:52 -0400
From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] weekend cruising (was A/C)

Dan, before you do anything else, drive the car around a bit. Sounds
like you just got some surface rust on the rotors and/or in the drums
while it sat. Probably just needs a little driving to clear up. Short
trips around town with lots of starts and stops might fix it. This is,
of course, assuming the brakes are working good, just a little weaker
than expected and sticking. Don't drive it if you feel it's unsafe!

---------------
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:11:45 -0400
From: "Dan Strohl"<DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

In fact, I did take Project HMX out for its first long drive of the
season on Sunday. I almost wish I hadn't. The brakes, which felt weaker
than usual, locked up on me a couple times, which means I now have to
troubleshoot the system. It's full and bled - I at least made sure to do
that while I was getting it ready - so I'm not sure what is wrong with
it.

Other than that, it ran strong. I have an adjustable fuel pressure
regulator I want to install, then after that a wide-band O2 sensor and
datalogger so I can see how the 4.0 fuel injection system is working.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine