Re: [AMC-list] Two 73 AMX's in southern VA

Re: [AMC-list] Two 73 AMX's in southern VA

"Bruce" <amc440@xxxxxxx>

>>If you noticed both cars seem to have a broken windshields too! I
>>would be a little bit careful about these sellers and ads. Might be a
>>good idea to let the other AMC guys know it's probably a scam. Bruce

Well, I didn't want to say anything when I first posted them, but I just figured 1) the first seller (Roanoke) was someone who wasn't mechanically inclined and wanted to unload it because he realized he was in over his head; and then 2) the second seller (Lynchburg) had grabbed the car from #1, cleaned it up, and was now trying to flip it.

As it turns out, I was right.

The previous seller just hasn't deleted the ad.  He sold it to the current seller for $1800 about a month ago.  I spoke to the current seller today.  He says he has put a lot of money in it.

I will say it seems to have cleaned up very well.  He says he **riveted** new sheetmetal into the rusted-through floorboards -- which to me is not really a proper repair given that correctly-shaped patch floors are available from the AMC vendors.  The previous seller could not get it started -- this guy says he had just wired the coil backwards, and it ran fine once he fixed that.  He also put a new exhaust in it, and has a windshield on the way.

Now he's asking almost five bills for it.

I think you all know what file I'd put it in.

Enjoy!

-- Marc