[AMC-list] Pretty close to AMC EN66 Metallic Blue - powdercoated intake

[AMC-list] Pretty close to AMC EN66 Metallic Blue - powdercoated intake & valve covers

Hey guys,
I finally found a powder that is "close enough" to AMC EN66 Metallic blue engine paint, used on a variety of AMC V8 engines.  While it's close, it is not close enough for a concorse or high-dollar show car ... the powdercoat is just a bit deeper turqois color, with a more gloss to it.

Here is a link to pics of the intake and valve covers I did up last night.  Since this is a TRANSPARENT TEAL, I first put down a basecoat of extreme chrome, cured that for 10 minutes, then put down the top coat of transparent teal, and then cured the parts for another 10 minutes.  Shown in the pics, for comparison, is a stock valve cover with EN66 spray paint on it, which is slightly lighter and has slightly less gloss to it.  I would rate the EN66 paint at 85% gloss, while the teal powdercoat is 95-100% gloss (these are harder to see in the pics, than in real time).

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showpost.php?p=1419010&postcount=377

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor
Rochester Hills, MI