Re: [AMC-list] 34TH. AMC NATS

There is a big thread on the AMC Forum:
http://theamcforum.com/forum/34th-amc-natiOnals_topic35650.html

Here's the main announcement:
The 34TH. AMC NATIONALS, the premier AMC event, will be held on September 6-8, 2012 at Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL. This AMC meet, sponsored by NAMDRA and its members, will feature AMC drag racing, car show, swap meet, car corral, picnic, awards program and more!! Need not be a NAMDRA member to race, show, sell or spectate. We will be posting race payouts, car show classes, entry fees, host motel/hotel, etc. as soon as we get things finalized. And of course, we will be looking for sposnors for this event so if you can be a sponsor or obtain sponsors, please let me know. See you there!

The host motels for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS at Cordova Dragway Park will be the adjoining Comfort Inn and Super 8 in LeClaire, IA which is about 15-20 minutes from the track. The number for the Comfort Inn is (563) 289-4747 & for the Super 8 it is (563) 289-5888. To get the track rate make sure you tell them you are with NAMDRA for the 34TH. AMC NATIONALS. And a little advice, make your reservations as soon as possible because they sell out every year.

"the premier AMC event" is arguable, but it is definitely a good show, especially for drag racers. There is a car show, drag race, and swap meet over the three days.

This is one I haven't personally been to yet. My fall show is usually the AMC Southern Regional. When First Coast sponsors it it is sometimes in the spring though, haven't heard from them about this year yet.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine