Re: [AMC-list] Superior AMC, Huntsville, Alabama

Re: [AMC-list] Superior AMC, Huntsville, Alabama

Situated at the SW corner of SE Governor's Dr and SE Franklin St, the site is now a medical office building owned by Huntsville Hospital. It's still "between the hospitals" (and across the street), though Huntsville Hospital System now owns both of them, having acquired the former Medical Center Hospital (later Humana Hospital) from Columbia HCA in 1994.

Huntsville had another AMC dealership, Bill Penney. I'm not sure where the store was located, but the Penney family is still in the auto business, selling Toyota (since 1967, the second Toyota dealer in the southeast and the first in Alabama), Scion, and Mitsubishi. They also sold Oldsmobile until GM killed off that brand.

Maybe I'll find time to trundle on down to the library and look at the city directories and yellow pages from the Rambler and AMC eras to determine where they were located.

--Glen