From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, February 25, 2012 11:42:13 PM
Subject: [AMC-list] coil truck arm suspenion for t-tube cars

this is may be kind of interesting. long winded also. my sister wants to build a
67-72 suburban into a 4x4 lifted with a 6bt cummins (the 94-98.5 12 valve
cummins dodge truck engines) with a 5 or 6 speed manual trans ect. last weekend
i scored her a '70 5 door suburban c10. its a 1/2ton 2wd suburban. didnt notice
till today that it is coil sprun rear end with truck arms. i had to drive it
about 100 miles to my house last weekend. WOWSERS!!! it rode and drive better
than either one of my 3 eagles. its been taken care of. anyway. im trying to
talk her into finding a rolled truck to set the suburban body on, rather than do
all the maticulous cutting/welding of putting the dodge hd suspension/drivetrain
into the suburban frame. if she will go that route, i may have the truck arm
suspension to use. im wanting to put a 304/t5 into my '62 classic 2 door. anyone
got anything to say about this LONG truck arm system? it goes from the axle to a
crossmember, and the
driveshaft passes thru the crossmenber. i just looked under the truck today, and
noticed this, and kinda got excited that i MIGHT be able to use this. rather
than using my triangulated 4 link. i like the feel of the truck arm, as it lifts
the entire truck just like the t-tube does rather than lift the front, squat the
rear. might be less work also?? it was just a thought by looking at it today.
might be almsot as long as the t-tube system as these burbs are LONG.

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules