[AMC-list] 82 AMC concord original starter

[AMC-list] 82 AMC concord original starter

Thought some of you might like this. My low miler 82 Concord DL woodie wagon I bought a year or so ago had 39,000 miles, it has
never been out of Houston, sold new at Vance & Sons AMC, and I bought from original owner:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord-32.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord-1.jpg

but after 31 years the original AMC starter gave out, lucky for me in driveway the other morning fixing to take kids to school. When
I pulled it off to replace it today, was surprised (a little bit) to see that is was the original starter, wearing tired AMC decal,
black faded paint with some aqua engine overspray still:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord-44.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/82-concord.45.jpg

when I was under car was admiring items with AMC logos and stampings like shocks, quite neat to see stuff like that even if you have
seen it thru years many times before, takes one back to simpler time & place! Reality sat in with a fire ant bite laying there, and
I took the old starter (bendix gave out) to O'Reillys and bought new, ok, reconditioned in Mexico 'Ultima' starter. And put another
40 miles on the Concord today...as drove it down to Memorial Park to check out all the rodeo people and horses and wagons in the
park or what is left of it after drought, but Concord it is now up to 44,250 miles.
Eddie Stakes