*RARE* 1973 AMX Javelin - $2950 (Vinton, VA)
Date: 2012-02-03, 12:13PM EST
Reply to: tjhvp-2832734412@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This car is solid. I am only listing at this price for today. $2,950 CASH. Tomorrow it goes back to $3,500. The info here is all the info and pics I have:

Body: Original blue. NO THROUGH RUST! Minimal surface rust, no dents... not even a ding. There is a spot of Bondo in the drivers side quarter panel, but not much. Certainly not enough to clip. White hard top. All emblems and trim are present. Grill, bumpers and lights are all intact and in great shape. All glass intact with exception of windshield which is cracked.

Interior:  Interior is complete and intact but needs redone. Blue carpet, headliner, seats, console, dash and door panels.

Engine And Transmission: Automatic 3 speed in the floor airplane shifter. The engine is supposed to be a 360 V8 according to the guy that sold it to me, but according to the V.I.N it could be a 304 V8... I have not checked the stamp on the bottom to find out. Engine has 54,000 original miles and is good. Has not been started in approx 2 years because the ignition switch is broken. The switch costs around $16.00 at Advance and is about an hour labor. New battery, ignition module, distributor and coil were installed before I ran out of time to work on it.

Trunk and floor pans are solid, so is suspension. Original wheels are even still on the car.

I have listed this car several times and have had a lot of calls from tire kickers and low-ballers. I have had the car checked out by AMC/AMX collectors and mechanics that have valued the car around $5,000 to $8,000 in the condition it is in. The only reason the car is being listed at this price today is because I have an opportunity that will take money I don't have. That being said, once the opportunity is gone tonight, so is this price. The price is FIRM, no trades. I have answered every question that I know the answer to in this post, so please call only if you are coming to see it with cash in hand. Will no longer hold for anyone. First cash in hand takes it. 540-278-3051.

    Location: Vinton, VA

PostingID: 2832734412