-------------------------
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 01:12:00 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler<das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

i have to cut along the bottom of the windshield. i cant afford a new windshield. this one has 1 crack running top to bottom. it wont survive being removed. donor car has been shot with bb's many times, so its no go also. theres one on feebay that would cost "ABOUT" $581 to have shipped from NJ. i dont want to hold faith in it ariving to eastern oregon unbroken. then the gasket costs another $100. so the windshield stays if at ALL possible. i plan to cut along the bottom of the windshield, and around to the door jamb. then cut all the way across the floor in the middle of the front seats. when i weld it all back, im thinking of getting some U shaped channel to run all the way along the floor of the car outside of the chassis rails. overlapping the replaced rails. maybe add some strength?? yes, im a competent welder, and have a really good welder also. the welding ect doesnt worry me. what im worried about, is keeping the structural integrity.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine