Re: [AMC-list] New parts

Will you have a 290 balanced flywheel and will you have a truck purposes clutch for it?

From: Nick ALFANO
To: amc list
Subject: [AMC-list] New parts

Hi guys.? Haven't been on in a while but I thought I would bring up some new
parts I have been working on to get some feedback.? The first is our Ampco 45
cam and distributors gears are finished.? Ampco 45 is a very strong alloy used
in high friction/wear gear application and is much stronger than our cast iron
gear sets.

I have been working with a clutch mfg on various materials and designs for a
while now and we are in the finishing stretch for AMC.? I am planning to narrow
it down to 3 different styles I will offer.? We are also working on a new 31lb
SFI billet steel flywheel and embedded heat plates for the factory cast iron
flywheel.? I hope to have the flywheels in both the early 67-71 and later 72 and
up crank hub.? I know how hard it has been on the early style guys finding a
good flywheel without breaking the bank.

For the OEM   market, I will have a 200-400hp package.? I am debating on a 3
lever plate like the OEM pressure plate or using my custom diaphragm plate but
with a 1740 plate load.? Either way it will have a brass plus fiber style pad
material for long life.? I am leaning towards making it with the better pressure

Next is a dual friction carbon and Kevlar on one side and Ceramic button on the
other on a 360 degree sprung disc.? This will handle most 500  hp street strip
type cars with smooth engagement and great clamping force for hot starts.? This
one will be a diaphragm 2550 pressure plate. For those who will need a little
hotter set up with slicks we can do ceramic button on both sides.

The third would be an all out race clutch for 700  hp that is strictly a race
car.? 6 puck design with an instant grab style disc and a 3000 plate?

All three will be a 5pc kit with throw out bearing, alignment tool, pilot
bushing, clutch disc and pressure plate priced better than a Centerforce that is
typically only a clutch and plate.? I am making both the long and short style
throw out bearings as well.?

Let me know what you think.? Like always, I will have a pre-sale deal in the
beginning.? Most likely in the next few weeks.