[AMC-list] New parts

Hi guys.  Haven't been on in a while but I thought I would bring up some new
parts I have been working on to get some feedback.  The first is our Ampco 45
cam and distributors gears are finished.  Ampco 45 is a very strong alloy used
in high friction/wear gear application and is much stronger than our cast iron
gear sets.

I have been working with a clutch mfg on various materials and designs for a
while now and we are in the finishing stretch for AMC.  I am planning to narrow
it down to 3 different styles I will offer.  We are also working on a new 31lb
SFI billet steel flywheel and embedded heat plates for the factory cast iron
flywheel.  I hope to have the flywheels in both the early 67-71 and later 72 and
up crank hub.  I know how hard it has been on the early style guys finding a
good flywheel without breaking the bank.

For the OEM + market, I will have a 200-400hp package.  I am debating on a 3
lever plate like the OEM pressure plate or using my custom diaphragm plate but
with a 1740 plate load.  Either way it will have a brass plus fiber style pad
material for long life.  I am leaning towards making it with the better pressure
plate and the sprung style disc.  It will add a little to the cost but what you
get is an easier pedal to push and a smoother engagement that a stock style set
up.  The difference would be around $40 between the two and should handle up to
450hp with the upgraded parts.  What are you thoughts here.

Next is a dual friction carbon and Kevlar on one side and Ceramic button on the
other on a 360 degree sprung disc.  This will handle most 500+ hp street strip
type cars with smooth engagement and great clamping force for hot starts.  This
one will be a diaphragm 2550 pressure plate. For those who will need a little
hotter set up with slicks we can do ceramic button on both sides.

The third would be an all out race clutch for 700+ hp that is strictly a race
car.  6 puck design with an instant grab style disc and a 3000 plate

All three will be a 5pc kit with throw out bearing, alignment tool, pilot
bushing, clutch disc and pressure plate priced better than a Centerforce that is
typically only a clutch and plate.  I am making both the long and short style
throw out bearings as well.

Let me know what you think.  Like always, I will have a pre-sale deal in the
beginning.  Most likely in the next few weeks.

Thanks
Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends