To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Foam filled rocker panels

I was thinking along those lines too.

Ken

Quoting Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Most cheap foam in a can won't expand/penetrate as far as one might think it

will. It would have to
be injected into holes spaced relatively close together to ensure a complete

fill.

When, not if, moisture does get into the rocker area, the foam may absorb it

depending on if it's an
open cell or closed cell foam and how moisture proof it is or isn't. My
understanding is that over long
periods of time almost all foams will absorb moisture when bulk moisture is
present.

Once wet those foams tend to stay wet for a long time, especially in a semi
sealed environment like
an inner rocker cavity. Now you've introduced brine water into your rocker
that won't go away quickly.

Keep the drain holes open in rockers, and everywhere else for that matter,
flush them out periodically
with fresh water, I'm guessing you'll be way better off.

If this weren't true, wouldn't the auto manufacturers have done this some
time ago?

just my two cents worth, you have the final say,

Armand

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Ames" <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>