Re: [AMC-list] nigerian scammers,tis season to scam

Re: [AMC-list] nigerian scammers,tis season to scam

" Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:39:15 +0100
" From: John Eckersley <john.eckersley@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Sometimes the actions of my fellow Englishmen make me ashamed (although
" maybe we're only living up to the Hollywood stereotype :-)
"
" If anyone ever needs me to investigate, visit or call the Police in over
" here, I will be happy to.  One thing I have used to good effect is Google
" streetview.  All British/English businesses must now have a published postal
" address on their website to trade online - if they don't, don't buy.  Typing
" the address into Google can be very revealing about the kind of operation
" you may be dealing with.  It's not an absolute solution, but it can give you
" a clue.  I've seen "traders" with really impressive websites making out they
" are some huge corporation - where the address is a tiny house or tiny empty
" shop.

there are also scammers who represent that they are at a british
address - seems to make the fish more trusting...  but they can be
anywhere in the world.