[AMC-list] starter switch & wires wires wires

[AMC-list] starter switch & wires wires wires

  replaced the starter switch on my '68 AMX and it now starts
a lot better!  however all the wires that came off the last 'I'
post on the switch wouldn't fit on the new one.

  it's always something!

  looking at the wiring diagram it only shows 1 wire for the I
post, so things got curious. i could use some insight on what these
other wires are for, are they in the right place?

 connector & Wire
------------------

 O-ring dark blue (possibly black) - goes to the yellow wire/coil harness
                                     (this looks like the one accounted for
                                     in the diagram)

 C-Clip yellow - goes into the Voltage Regulator harness & from there?

 elbow-boot black - goes into the positive start switch cable harness

 it's the elbow boot wire that no longer has room to fit on the end
of the I post.  on the previous switch i see that i had taken off
the nut at the end of the post to make room. however on this new
switch if i take off the nut, the post kinda mushily pushes into
the switch, the last one didn't do that,  it was firm.

  haven't noticed anything not working with the elbow boot not
attached.   so a few mysteries, and any workarounds to suggest?
i figure it has  a boot for a reason, it shouldn't touch the other
wires?

--  carl