Re: [AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap ??? 'em?

Re: [AMC-list] AMC Bendix disk brakes - waddaya need to swap ??? 'em?

" Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:03:42 -0600
" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Rockauto again says the Cherokee and Eagle rotors aren't quite the same.
" Height is .2" more on the Jeep and .08" thicker too. Probably fit, but not the
" same (compared 1981 to 1994).

how about '88 to '88?

" Quoting "(Sandwich Maker)" <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
"
" > " From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" > "
" > "
" > " Some are one piece. Some are rotors on hubs with bearings. Not sure
" > " which is on the '89 MJ I just picked up
" >
" > not sure either.  i -think- it'd be eagle rotors on hubs like earlier.
" >
" > " From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
" > "
" > " " From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" > " "
" > " "
" > " " I wanted to use the drum hubs (or ones that are 5 on 4.5") and XJ
" > " " rotors. IF I swap the '82 Spirit's front end and make it a Pre-runner,
" > " " that's the setup it has to go on it.
" > "
" > " iirc 2wd xjs also used the same bearing sets as amc.  early xjs - 2wd
" > " and 4wd - used eagle rotors; afaik later 2wd xjs went to a compatible
" > " 1-pc rotor/hub.