Re: [AMC-list] early 232 using 258 intake??

Re: [AMC-list] early 232 using 258 intake??

yup, it works. i had an 80's aluminum manifold on my '70 232 head, fit fine.
the aluminum manifold lost 25 lbs off the engine too! I made a simple
blockoff plate for the EGR valve. Never wired up the base heater, and
plugged the unwanted holes.

The only catch on those is that the water jacket connections are often
corroded, but I ran a tap into them and epoxied nipples in. personally i
think the water jacket is worth plumbing (stable carb temp means stable
tuneup in all weather) but you could easily leave that out.

I assume later iron mani's fit too, never tried one of those.