From: Wayne E Lamothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, September 27, 2011 10:55:55 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] Floor shift conversion

I am in the (hopefully) final stages of putting my 69 Ambo back together
and want to install a floor shifter for the auto tranny.  I have the
factory console and shifter but really do not feel right (or comfortable)
cutting the floor.  Is there an aftermarket cable operated floor shifter
for the BW tranny?  Since the FMX tranny is very similiar, would an
aftermarket shifter for that style tranny work?  If I had the TF it would
not be a problem but I don't see anything for the BW tranny.  I assume it
all relates to the distance the cable travels for each drive position on
the shifter that is the reason why the TF shifter would not work.  Or
will it?

Thanks

Wayne
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY
AMO#8454, http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
2003 Harley FLHTCI, 1978 GMC Royale motorhome
2001 Cherokee, 2002 Caddy Seville Northstar V8, 2005 Sebring Coupe