[AMC-list] J10 utility truck acquisition- running HOT!

[AMC-list] J10 utility truck acquisition- running HOT!

Used the money from some recent sales to purchase this J10.

http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz266/j2sax/81%20J10%20Utility/

Has a terrible, almost rattle-can quality paint job, but has a freshly built 727 and a 360 built about 5 years ago.  Runs STRONG, but the owner could not tell me anything about the rebuild other than the fact that it was .030 over  and that it had to run on premium gas because of the 500 Holley 2 bbl (uuhhh, yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight).  Anyway, what closed me on it was it ran very well (I towed my sons XJ 3 hours back home on the Interstate) and has ZERO rust in the cab.  Even has FACTORY aluminum steps

Two bad things... when I filled up with gas, I suddenly noticed gas POURING out from the top of the gas tank... when I called the guy to ask... he said, "oh, yeah.... you got into the overflow ... I never put more than 13 Gallons in.... hmmm, gas overflow straight to the concrete... makes TOTAL sense!

Then, I noticed it running HOT!  Right up to the "H" almost.  I suspect the thermocoupler on the fan as it was erratic cooling according to engine speed and it is bent and loose.  I think the timing will have more to do with it as both the pinging on reg gas and running hot are indicators of potential timing issues.

Regardless, as long as I kept it around 58MPH it stayed in the green.

Going to be scrapping the RHD J10 if it doesn't sell the next round on C-List... hate to see it go, but gotta make room for this one as it is a driver with almost no rust.

http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz266/j2sax/Postal%20J10/

Have a great week,

Jesse
j2sax@xxxxxxxxx