Re: [AMC-list] Woodward Dream Cruise

" From: C The <kwtheaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" i recently got the exact response from different people regarding my AMX,
"
" who makes that car?
"
" american motors.
"
" pontiac?
"
" i'm guessing firebirds are their closest recollection to the style.  i usually
" start with they made javelins, and if that gets a blank look, then i say they
" made jeeps before they were bought by chrysler.  so at least everyone has heard
" of jeeps.  i often add, that was probably before you were born.

otoh when your car was made, jeep and amc were not yet connected.  yes
jeep bought amc engines for the waggies and pickups, but purely as a
customer.

" i'm thinkin' of getting a little card made up that more or less has that info.
" just hand it out.

you might also want to diagram the family tree...  don't forget
studebaker [amgeneral]!