[AMC-list] Chad rules (there's a 232 sitting in front of Traveler)

[AMC-list] Chad rules (there's a 232 sitting in front of Traveler)

My oldest son and I had a nice Sunday drive yesterday. We borrowed the
work truck, filled it up (80 bucks!) and took a jaunt up to North
Carolina. We did some highway driving on 85, but jumped off and went
sight-seeing along 24 and 27. Pretty country up there.

A little over 7 hours later, we rolled into Chad's drive. Chad and his
son got a nice looking 232 with chrome valve cover and chrome fan onto
a hoist and onto the back of the pickup. Chad threw in extra goodies
that are much appreciated, as well as the engine and transmission
cross-members. Darn, EVERYTHING seemed to be included! (Chad, I
enjoyed meeting you, your wife and your son)

Kevin and I had a nice drive back after putting another 80 bucks into
the truck. I had been trying to eat better, but thoroughly enjoyed the
excuse to stop at fast food places along the way. We left the house
around 5:30AM. We rolled in to the driveway at 10:30PM. Full of
caffeine and sugar from cokes, and full of burgers and chicken and
fries. Vegan diet completely rethought and discarded. Cheeseburgers
thoroughly embraced and enjoyed. (anyone want a kale, spinach,
cucumber and apple drink? I think burgers are much tastier than green
shakes and juices, and have a whole bunch of kale and spinach that is
suddenly and perhaps permanently left over)

Kevin borrowed a hoist from work today, and we unloaded the engine
after work. Rambler is backed in to the garage. 232 and automatic
transmission sitting on a pallet in front of it. Perhaps this weekend
we can pull the 195.6 and make sure the '68 232 will mate up to the
T96. And with that, I might be putting the '65 195.6OHV on the list,
and start looking for a fully synchro'ed 3 speed that would fit the
232. I like manual transmissions, but a full synchro transmission
might be cool, over even over-drive!

So, Traveler, my '65 Rambler - may be sporting new crossmembers and a
new (to her) 232. And I might be looking for a manual transmission at
the South East Regionals.