-----------
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:07:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In other news, I brought home a one-owner 62 Classic wagon a couple of weeks
ago. I cleaned underneath the vehicle and the trunnions had been so over-greased in the past that there was probably at least a pound of extra grease spread over each trunnion assembly from the spring seat down to the backing plate. I had intended to adjust one front brake which was tight, but I couldn't even access the rubber plug on the adjustment port without removing gross quantities of grease.

The car has overdrive and has a 13/43 ration according to the tag, which I think is about a 3.23. With O/D engaged that old long stroke 195.6 torque will be useful.

The 64 American is still awaiting a transmission transplant which I may start
tonight. Still debating whether to use the big wrenches on the big nut or just
chicken out and move the differential back like the TSM recommends.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"