Re: [AMC-list] 360 issue

It may not be the motor. It could also be the trans (especially if it's a lockup) "hunting" in and out. 5 mph higher or lower will make the surge go away. You can cure the trans issue with a spring kit that will make it lockup at a higher speed. You have to drop the valvebody in the trans (that I recall. Been awhile since I did one in my FSJ) I'll be doing one soon in the 727 I'm putting in my Eagle.

From: Keith Evenson <epd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] 360 issue

I have a 360 in my 70 Jav it was rebuilt about 5 years ago. It is just a good street engine  with electronic points and an aftermarket intake and holley carb. and a 770 trany. What it seems to be doing is when I am driving in town or at about 30 - 40 mph it seems to have a pulsing in the engine. It may be doing it at road speed but it is not nearly as noticeable. Sometimes I notice my tach moving with the pulsing. If I drop it into 2nd it seems to go away. So in 3rd gear at lower speed is when I have the issue. Seems like it might be an electric issue. Any ideas?

Thanks, Keith