Re: [AMC-list] Tom - Weber 32/36 DGEV Jeep Kit for 196OHV

Re: [AMC-list] Tom - Weber 32/36 DGEV Jeep Kit for 196OHV

The carb and adapter is just a bolt-on.  The PCV sucks from the valve
"adjustment" covers on the side. The PCV is mounted onto an elbow on
the intake trough; i'm sure the pics on my website show it. I ditched
the original steel like for rubber all the way.

The PC valve itself limits air flow; it doesn't make sense to try to
limit air flow via the "intake" side. The oil filler cap is stuffed
with steel wool, need to clean that out (I hot-tanked mine), overnight
soak in a coffee can of mineral spirits should do. Plus there's vents
in the valve cover, minor ones, on the ends.

PCV looks like an air leak, you want it large enough to clean the
crankcase but small enough you can still make it idle. I didn't record
the part number I installed. It's a slow-turning engine, so idle isn't
many CFMs, so a small 4-cyl valve would be a good start. They're cheap
enough that experimentation is inexpensive.

(My car came with one installed, but it was far too large. IT threaded
in, and was hard to find. I put a hose nipple in the manifold on an
elbow and used a hose-to-hose type valve that was easy to find.)

I strongly disagree on the throttle linkage, not only will a cable
type be far, far more work, it won't look or feel right in that car.
The only thing the stock one needs is to be raised up by the adapter
height, a very small change you could make with a hacksaw and hand
drill and some light steel strip stock. Plus the pushrod has to
lengthen the same amount, bend up a 10-32 threaded rod from a metals
or hobby store or a good hardware store.

http://wps.com/AMC/195.6OHV/Induction/

Damn, I remembered wrong on the rotation. It's OPPOSITE. (That's why I
write things down :-) the solution was mechanically easy, see the pics
and text. It did require welding but could be done otherwise.