To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] engine rpm versus mph

Hook up a dwell/tach meter and compare the two.

Ken

Quoting "(Sandwich Maker)" <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
"
" 2,87 axle ratio = 1630 rpm
"
" []
"
" the curious thing about this information is the tach (factory in dash) for

" the white 70 Javelin reads about 2100 rpm at 70 mph using the 2.87 axle and

" T5 in 5th gear.
"
" Apparently there are issues with the tachometer. That becomes very real
" when noticing the tach with bounce up 300 to 500 rpm without using
" additional throttle.
"