Re: [AMC-list] Pacer motor mounts oddities

Re: [AMC-list] Pacer motor mounts oddities

Don't remember you're real name Sandwich  Maker, but thanks for dispelling
the myths about wankels.
I've been to a lot of SCCA Road Racing events and mazda rotaries were very
common place and went like crazy
and were nearly bullet proof the last few years I was around them (they'd
gotten the seals figured out).

Another interesting point about rotaries....

Even if a seal does fail, the engine still produces power, unlike piston
engines in aircraft, the rotary normally won't "lock" up and lose all power.
Rotary powered homebuilt aircraft that experience reduced power output when
a rotary seal fails are usually able to maintain enough power to fly to a
safe landing site. When a piston engine aircraft engine fails it's normally
complete loss of power resulting in a big smoking hole in the ground.

AMC content.
Has anyone ever seen an AMC powered homebuilt aircraft?

Armand