From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 10:30:25 AM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] ancient Gemmer steering gear, ancient starter motor

Can I successfully tow a 64 Classic V8 AT at freeway speeds for about 150 miles?
I will be on a tow dolly and I have done so for other older cars, but only for
about 40 miles or so. I'll be keeping it down to about 50MPH, and its rear
wheels will be on the ground.
I had towed a car once by backing it on the dolly and tieing the steering wheel,
but this was only for about 10 miles. In my minds eye I kept seeing the rope
come loose and the car do a quick cookie in the road. I don't want to drive 150
miles with this scene in my mind...Russ