[AMC-list] wagons ho! (what did you do with your amc today)

[AMC-list] wagons ho! (what did you do with your amc today)

It was 72 degrees here, supposed to be nice whole week, I know some of you AMCers are suffering this winter been brutal, but figured it was going to be nice, got up early in the 34 degrees morning, had a cup of Folger's and started washing AMCs. And washing, and still washing. Finally finished about 2pm, decided to take a 'group shot' for my website of AMC wagons. I purposely left out the: 68 Rebel convertible 'Machine, 69 Big Bad Orange Javelin, 71 SC/360 Hornet, 74 Javelin, 74 AMX, the other 74 AMX, and 77 AMX.

Just my wagons. Two of them here are sort of new, the Hurricane Ike Hornet Sportabout 74,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/hurricane-ike-hornet.jpg

it has 78K miles, 232, AT, AC, PS, original paint & interior, and have window sticker and original owner title, and drive it weekly, just put those AMC mags & new BF Goodrich T/A Radials on it also, it is a sweet ride although Fawn Beige, my least favorite color AMC made. The other is 'baby bessie'

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/baby-bessie-82.jpg

the 82 Concord DL wagon in Slate Blue, it has only 39K miles, 258, AT, PS, PDB, tilt, tint, cold AC, original owner Texas title, sold new here in Houston at Archer AMC (as did the Hornet), I bought this from orignal owner several months ago, runs super, rebuilt the trans, that is original spinner caps on it also.

Something it has under hood from factory is a Load Leveller. Not sure how many of you ever heard of that but it is factory Group 15 Accessory towing package with air compressor under hood. Quite neat to see one on Concord, sometimes you would find them on Eagles. I'll be putting up this Concord, the Hornet & possibly the 4 cyl 81 Eagle for sale in spring.

The other wagons are my trusty can't kill it 82 Eagle 'Planet Houston Swap Meet tow car'

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/Picture_1168.jpg

now at 210,000 miles and still looks great and happy to pull $40K+ SUV's out of ditches here in Houston easily, in back is my 72 Ambassador SST station wagon

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/72ambassador.JPG

that went for road trip yesterday, 360, aT, loaded, we got stuck in traffic neat Egyptian Embassy near Galleria here, that was neat, except for traffic, and that wailing noises, in back is my 81 Eagle, 4cyl, 4spd, wagon,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/Picture_1161.jpg

it now has 100K miles and runs great, have never had a AMC anything get 25+ miles per gallon,a nd up front is wife Paige's maroon 88 Eagle wagon,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/paige-88-eagle-1050.jpg

nice loaded out car, is #1050 of only 2306 last year 88 AMCs ever made. Was fun, but tiring washing these wagons, but have not been able to wash any cars for about month!

And the kids are allright:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/winter2011.jpg

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825