Re: [AMC-list] sway bar

krausseakrauss@xxxxxxx said:

>>Hey guys, I bought a sway bar from ADDCO, from Jegs. My car didn't
>>have one from the factory. 69 American 6-cyl.  Has anyone else put
>>these on their car, I don't have the factory brackets on the frame
>>rails or the little forged pieces that bolt to the lower control arm,
>>They give you two pieces of angle iron to bolt on the control arm and
>>it appears that I have to cut a window in the frame rail to insert
>>these u-bolts they give you then weld the window back in place.. Any thoughts

>If I remember correctly:
>Put a nut on only one leg of the u bolt (this should prevent the u bolt
>from getting 'lost' in the sill).
>Drill the two holes.
>Insert the u bolt into one hole while holding the leg with the nut.
>Maneuver the other leg into the second hole.

That's what I remember.

FWIW, I've bought the Addco bars before too.  The front bar alone will help a little; but adding the rear bar will make it ready for the slalom.  You won't believe the difference in handling and control with a rear bar.  As I recall the later-model Spirit/Concord bars will also fit the American.  The Addco bars are good but the AMC bars are the ultimate.

Did the instruction pack come with the bar?  I believe they have a drill template included.

-- Marc

MARC MONTONI
Harrisonburg VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm