[AMC-list] What I Did this Weekend

I know that many of you are experiencing frigid and/or snowy weather, but the
weather has continued to be great here on the central coast for working on cars
or anything else outside.  I drained the coolant on the Rambler and shortened
the lower radiator hose to move it away from the alternator fan.  It had been so
close to the fan that the fan had abraded the Gates label on the hose.  I also
replaced the coolant temp sensor in an attempt to get the gauge to work.  The
old sensor gave screwy resistance readings.  The fix didn't work.  I had already
checked for continuity in the wire to the panel.   Must be the gauge.   I
checked again for oil leaks.  I had tighted the rocker cover and that seems to
fix the leak at the front of the cover, but I'm still not sure whether I have a
leak at the rear.  It'd kinda wet back there.  I parked the car on clean
cardboard after a hard run and will watch for signs of it marking it's
territory.  I took the car out on U.S. 101 and gave it a hard run at 60-65 mph.
I got some slight bogging on the way down to Chular but after slowing for the
turnaround and return trip, it ran fine.  I may drive it to work tomorrow.

I need the driver's door moulding (4-door 1965 330 American).  There's a 65
wagon with storm damage I may get and part out.  If anyone needs any 65
American parts, let me know.

I also replaced the rear shocks in my 2000 Chevy pickup this weekend.  The
manufacturer's have gotten smarter.  The washers are attached to the nuts and
the nuts are all reachable from the ground.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA