Re: [AMC-list] Oh WHAT THE GD HELL? - Lowredo Cherokee

Re: [AMC-list] Oh WHAT THE GD HELL? - Lowredo Cherokee

Hey Mark,
Yeah, I bought that '83 FSJ Cherokee Chief lowrider.  All-in-all, it's a
sound Jeep to redo RIGHT.  I really could care less what other's think about
it.  I have loved the look of it since I first saw it around Detroit back around
92-93-94 era.  When it was first built, it was a really nice ONE COLOR (Yellow)
Lowrider.  The original owner grafted the '78 Z28 front subframe and rear axle
into the Jeep frame and lowered the snot out of it.  This was done back in 1992,
with a '92 Corvette 350 engine.  What was sad about this Jeep, is how once it
sold in the late 90's, the subsequent owners, one after another, did some
hack-job mods with different engines and wiring ... then that hideous
I-drank-a-six-pack-before-painting addition of the red "two-tone" over the
original yellow paint.  THAT will get changed back to a nice looking paint job.

If anyone wants to see pics, you can check out the IFSJA.org forum thread at
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=128635

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor
Rochester Hills, MI