Re: [AMC-list] 287-327 to 700series GM trans?

Re: [AMC-list] 287-327 to 700series GM trans?

Re: [AMC-list] 287-327 to 700series GM trans?

Beside Gus Averill , who I tried to contact about the matter , Bob Hull in Bellingham, Washington also did his own conversion to bolt the 700 series GM overdrive transmissions onto the early 287 & 327 AMC V-8. Bob wrote a multi part series in last years AMO newsletters "American Motoring " detailing his conversion process . I don't like to see people duplicating the same effort to re-invent the wheel . Also note: There are commercial conversion kits to use the 700 series GM overdrive 4 speed automatic transmission on the later AMC V-8s and 6s from 1972 up with the V-8 bolt pattern. Both Advance Adopters and a company called NOVAK make commercial kits. NOVAK also has a very good knowledge center on the web detailing all that is involved in the conversion process for the late AMC engines. It's mostly set up for the Jeeps but it works on cars too. NOVAK also includes a new flex plate in there that Advanced does not for about the same price. LRDaum