[AMC-list] Six Cylinder Balancers

I'm putting together a rebuilt long block 232 for my 76 Gremlin.  The long block
is a factory rebuilt 1972 version.   I need to use the late 70s/early 80s
version of the crankshaft balancer (thick balancer) instead of the skinny
60s/early 70s balancer because I'm using the 76 timing cover.  I'm using the 76
balancer in order to get the belt alignment where it needs to be (out in front
of that electronic probe fixture on the time cover).  If you've put together
many six cylinder motors you may know what I"m talking about.

So my question:  As far as the function of the balancer, any six cylinder
balancer will work right?   I know an inline six cylinder engine is
basically balanced by it's very nature.

Joe Fulton