Re: [AMC-list] Too Much Oil

Joe - I'll let others chime in, but my '65 has a lot of oil running to
the head. It used to leak a substantial amount from under the rocker
cover, especially towards the back of the head. I followed
recommendations and popped off the valve cover, cleaned it, ran a bead
of RTV sealant around it and bedded in a new valve cover gasket.

It still leaks a bit. Not nearly as much as it used to - but that
helped quite a bit. My '65 has a fitting, then has a line running to a
fitting in the head. It's a straight shot, and a LOT of oil
(especially noticable when popping off the valve cover and adjusting
the valves).