Re: [AMC-list] "A" automatic transmission fluid

Re: [AMC-list] "A" automatic transmission fluid

To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC-list Digest, Vol 21, Issue 2

Hi Mike.....concerning the "A" type auto trans fluid.....you can commonly find this at dollar stores. Texas Gold, Type A is really common in Houston area, just bought 3 of them (they have shelves of them) at the $1.09 store on Gessner the other day. Check $1 stores in your area though, should not be hard to find.
Eddie Stakes

Mike asked:
Just picked up a 62 Classic Custom. Barn Find, had not seen the light of day in 30 years! Cleaning it up and changing fluids. Manual says use type "A" auto trans fluid. What would that be in todays terms? I know dextron in mopars and type "F" on early Fords but don't remember type "A", Thanks and I'll update as things progress.
Mike Allain
62 Classic Custom
70 Dodge Challenger
Eddie Stakes