From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 06:51:29
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] gas tanks

I removed the gas tank for the white Javelin,
drained the last few gallons of fuel out into a container through a funnel
with a screen. very little crud came out. I suppose the last bit of the crud
may not want to come out of the tank. But I thought it was surprisingly
clean and was very happy with the overall condition of the gas tank. This
was just preventative maintenance as I hadn't had the tank out in 30 years,
when the fuel sending unit failed back then.
I suppose I should get some new mounting bolts, nuts and washers for it. the
straps look great. The tank has an undercoating on the bottom side, The
sides look great. The top has some slight surface rust that I'll remove.
Internally it needs nothing done very clean inside.
What would work good for coating the exterior of the tank to further protect
it from corrosion externally. Cold Galvanizing?

Advice here is most welcome,

Thanks,

Armand